Journey

Assalamualaikum and hi.
today I would like to share about my journey being a student while doing what I love so much
*I'm sorry, I'm not good in english but I try my best*
So, before I get chosen to continue my studies at Politeknik Ibrahim Sultan.
I work as Barista at Starbucks Bayu senibong.
I do really love Coffee a lot. but since I work at Starbucks I started to love coffee more than anything.
I can't live without Coffee. I just need Coffee everyday.
when I'm on rest day, I still go to my workplace to get a cup of coffee.
since that I start doing research about coffee beans that Starbucks use.
where is the Coffee beans came from? are they Arabica or Robusta? are they good? what kind of processing method that they use to get a coffee beans?


after 4 month working at starbucks. then I was chosen to continue my study which is I don't expect that.
I studied in International Tourism management
I didn't loans with ptptn because I still have my arrears the old ptptn that I used for my diploma.
so, in order to continue my study, and I don't want my parent pay for my fees so I decided while I'm studying, I still working at Starbucks.
so that I can still can pay my fees, my need and anything.
so everyday I drive to class from majidee which is at the center at Johor Bahru to Pasir Gudang.
which is take 30 minute to arrive to Politeknik. depends on Traffics sometimes.
Sometimes I came late to class because If I wake up late the morning so obviously! I'll late to arrive to class.
everyday is kinda rough for me....
everyday I wakeup at 8 am to go to class (if cancel, Alhamdulillah)
in the early semester, class will finised at 5 to 6 pm. 
then I need to get ready to go to work. I started working at 8 pm until 1 am.
so, after closing I'll reach at my house around 1.20 am. and then I'll do the laundry, ironing my parents and my clothes for tomorrow.
and usually sleep at 2 or 2.30 am. EVERYDAY!! haha
but not everyday I work, there is a rest day right. So, on my rest day. I'll sleep early.

 In my commercial class 


 My lovely classmate 


 At my workplace with my partners 

when semester 5,  for me is the stressful semester ever!
because I got chosen for Barista Championship under my Politeknik.
it take more time than I expected.
I got no time for rest at all. when my lecturer cancelled our class, I still need to go to Politeknik because need to training on my barista championship.
we trained untill we satisfied.
a fews week later, my father got warded. because "degupan jantung" my father is weak.
so I didn't go to class, didn't go to work, didn't go to training.
its totally hard for me. I want to quit study at that time.
 so, when the day of Barista championship is comes.
I still go to the championship.
and I didn't win that. but its okay. Its kinda hard for me.
compete with great people, where I didn't get my fully training.
because I got distracted by many thing.
but I still proud of myself. I got the Barista certificate! yeahhh!


 Barista Championship Certificate 

After a month later, at Starbucks. 
I decided to take my "COFFEE MASTER" exam.
while I'm studying at Politeknik, I need to study about Coffee master also at my workplace.
I really want the black apron the coffee master certificate.
so I study about Coffee beans, study the processing method, study about coffee tasting and many more.



 Doing the Coffee Tasting 

It take 3 month to study about coffee master. so, when the 3 month end.
so, my district manager and store manager do the exam on me. it take 3 hours to finish the exam.
and finally. I BECAME A COFFEE MASTER and BARISTA CHAMPIONSHIP at the same semester


 Yeah! Coffee Master already! Black Apron yeay! 


so, they will transfer the candidate that have coffee master to Starbucks Reserved at Paradigm Mall.
because the Starbucks Reserved only need coffee master certification only.
so, 5 of us need to go to Starbucks reserved.
down here I prepared for you the picture at Starbucks Reserved at Paradigm Mall.


 The beaker they use to make the Coffee 


 Some of my friend are here : Nadzmi, Syahir, Naz and Fitri 

 *Only 4 from my store have a chances to go to Starbucks Reserved, supposed to be 5 people including me. but I cannot join because of studying* 


 This is the nature and environment at Starbucks Reserved, the using black wall because its mean they are "RESERVED STORE" 

You can see the difference between the uniform, the environment, the using of beaker to make a coffee.
I really want to get in here. I'm happy that I was chosen to go to Reserved stored.
not all partner Starbucks can get in Starbucks reserved
because its special! special for people who loves coffee, who has passionate about coffee, want to know more about coffee, wan to learn more about coffee.
but I rejected the offer because I'm studying.
they need full time barista to work here.
I can't be a full time because I'm studying
so I decided to continue work at Starbucks Bayu senibong and spread the knowledge to new partner who want to know about coffee and want to get into Starbucks Reserved store.
I support all of my partners who want take coffee master certificate.
so on semester break, I did teach them coffee master.
its hard I know. most of them giving up already because they say they just have Spm, they not good at studying and remembering.
so, I give them advise until they got their coffee master.

So, everything went well.
I still working while studying.
I also part time work as Makeup artist and henna artist to increase my income. and also to help my parents.
So, weekdays I'll have class to attend, at the night working as Barista at Starbucks.
On the weekdays, usually I have to go to my client house doing their makeup and henna.
It's pretty tired sometimes.
but now.. I'm love it! because I know what I love about, I know my passion, I know what I do.
My parents support my interest.
everyone around me is supporting including all my friends.


 Makeup for My client 


 Makeup for my Bride 


 Henna for my Bride 

So, alhamdulillah I've shared my journey to you guys.
If you want something, you need to work hard for it.
don't just sit and wait for that "something" come for you.
you need to work hard.
even though it will make you got no time for spend with family and friend.
Allah know best.
if you work hard and pray to Allah.
Allah will help. If you not good in study.
its okay.
maybe you good in find income to help your family.
every people have their own rezeki.
so just work for it.
Don't give up!


thank you.
much love, amy!






Popular posts from this blog

Tulip Latte Art

Love & Misadventure